Monday, May 16, 2011

It's Monday! What Are You Reading

Next: A NovelSince I'm now on summer break from my college teaching job (well, at least one of my college teaching jobs!), I'm reading a lot again. And not just books that I need to teach. About an hour ago I finished reading The Winter of Our Disconnect: How Three Totally Wired Teenagers (and a Mother Who Slept with Her iPhone) Pulled the Plug on Their Technology and Lived to Tell the Tale, by Susan Maushart. While the conclusions the author came to about technology use in this book weren't particularly a surprise to me, I found Mausharet's writing style funny and engaging. Altogether an enjoyable read.

Now I have to decide what to read next! I've composed a very large TBR list for the summer. Too large to get through, I'm sure. But the next two books I'm thinking of reading were books I picked up at the library: The Shallows: What the Internet is Doing to Our Brains, by Nicholas Carr, and a novel titled Next, by James Hynes. I've had The Shallows in mind to read for quite awhile now, but I check out the novel because I liked the cover. In my experience, sometimes you actually can tell a book by its cover. I'll let you know if it works out this time.

Visit Book Journey to participate in "It's Monday! What Are You Reading."

No comments:

Post a Comment