Monday, February 8, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Books Completed Last Week
I only finished one book last week, again! The book was Homeschooling: A Family's Journey, by Gregory and Martine Millman, and you can read my review of it here. I got stalled in American Wife, by Curtis Sittenfeld, and I don't think I'm going to finish it. It's not a bad book --  just a bit too slow paced for my taste, though I adore her first book, Prep.

Books I'm Currently Reading
This week I'm reading Life Skills for Kids: Equipping Your Child for the Real World, by Christine M. Field. I won't finish this book quickly, because I'm taking notes. I'm also reading The Unhealthy Truth: How Our Food Is Making Us Sick - and What We Can Do About it, by Robyn O'Brien. I'm not sure whether I'll finish this book, because I'm having a hard time motivating myself to read it. Maybe I've just read too many books of this type lately, and I'm burned out. Or, it could have something to do with the fact that I've become addicted to watching old episodes of "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" on Hulu. Yikes! I better start doing more reading and less watching!

Click here to participate in It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

4 comments:

  1. I had some trouble getting through American Wife, too. Ended up just skimming through parts of the second half - not a good sign, but I enjoyed it overall. Hope you have a great week of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have weeks like that where one book is as good as it gets and thats ok :) Sounds like you have some good reads coming up. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a pretty interesting novel about math (sort of) last week called The Wild Numbers by Philbert Schogt. This week I'm reading Haven Kimmel's Iodine and a book about Diane Arbus, called Revelations. Happy reading, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha I'm so addicted to The Secret Life of the American Teenager as well! It's hard to get away to read soemtimes!

    ReplyDelete