Monday, January 11, 2010

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?

Books Completed Last Week
I only read one book last week, Julia Child's My Life in France. I've got to pick up my pace if I'm going to read 100 books this year! I'll be posting a review of My Life in France later.

Books I'm Currently Reading
Sacred Hearts, by Sarah Dunant, which is a novel about a convent in 16th century Italy. NutureShock: New Thinking About Children, by Po Bronson and Ashley Merryman, a parenting book that purports to be new and more scientific than other parenting books. And Simple Country Wisdom, by Susan Waggoner, which is a how-too type book full of tips for managing a house.

Click here to participate in this meme from J. Kaye's Book Blog.

5 comments:

  1. I need to pick up my reading pace as well. I feel like such a slacker after visiting some of the other peoples blogs and seeing how much they read ! I hope you have a great reading week !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh Sacred Hearts! I'm reading Ballad right now, and I'm desperately waiting for Sea Change to arrive this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still reading Buffalo Soldier (Bohjalian) but I'm making progress!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to another book blogger challenge me to see who could read more this month, I've increased my book count! ;)

    Hope this week is better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just started "Walking On Water" by Madeleine L'Engle (again). Haven't read it in awhile & forgot how much I LOVE it. My favorite quote so far "Unamuno might be describing the artist as well as the Christian as he writes, 'Those who believe they believe in God, but without passion in the heart, without anguish of the mind, without uncertainty, without doubt, and even at times without despair, believe only in the idea of God, and not in God himself.' " (p.35-36) -- Marci, sounds like a conversation we had after Ethan's accident.

    ReplyDelete