Saturday, April 9, 2011

24 Hour Read-a-Thon

Today is Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-Thon. This is something I've wanted to participate in ever since I found out about it last year, but unfortunately I forgot about it until right now, when it's about to go into hour 5. So if I start now, not only would I be starting late, I'd also have to take a break this evening to meet some friends for dinner -- an event I planned earlier in the week.

Since I REALLY want to participate in this, I'm going to adapt it a bit so that I'm able to participate as much as I am able. So here goes. To start off, Dewey asks us to answer the following questions:

1) Where are you reading from today? Southwestern, Michigan

2) Three random facts about me… I just started teaching college this year, I used to homeschool my kids, and I live just a couple blocks from a lovely Lake Michigan beach.

3) How many books do you have in your TBR pile for the next 24 hours? I've got some books I'm in the middle of that I'd like to finish, and them some other books that I'd like to read.

4) Do you have any goals for the read-a-thon (i.e. number of books, number of pages, number of hours, or number of comments on blogs)? I'm still thinking about my goals. I'll post those in the next post.

5) If you’re a veteran read-a-thoner, any advice for people doing this for the first time? This is my first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment